Have you ever wondered what life is like as an author?
Are you curious about what goes on behind the scenes to write and publish books?
You are in for a treat!
Indie Author Weekly shares sneak peeks of my life as an indie author (of both fiction and non-fiction). New episodes are released every Tuesday.
This started out as a cross between a "secret" podcast and a weekly newsletter, and the first 12 episodes were released exclusively here before the podcast was made available to the public on other podcast platforms.
However, this is the place to be if you want extra bonuses and goodies, full transcripts of each episode, and free sample chapters of my books!
This podcast is for YOU if you are a...
- New or aspiring author, wanting to learn more about self-publishing and to get tips/tools for writing and editing your own work
- Curious bookworm, interested in seeing a peek behind the curtain of the author life!
Each episode includes all the juicy details and complete transparency of the struggles and wins that take place with writing and self-publishing books.
Curious what you'll get?
Here are a few upcoming episode topics to give you a taste of what to expect...
- Benefits of self-publishing for new authors
- How to improve confidence & deal with perfectionism
- My process for outlining & writing a new book (steal my methods!)
- How to stay disciplined to write & publish books
- The writing, re-writing & editing process of my first full-length novel
- Deciding whether to use a pen name, plus the “awkwardness” of writing romance
- How many hours goes into writing & publishing a book?
- Real-life book sales stats & marketing experiments
Each episode is accompanied by a written transcript, so if you prefer to read than listen (or if you are deaf or hard of hearing), then this "secret" version of the Indie Author Weekly podcast is accessible for you too.
PLUS, in addition to the weekly episodes and transcripts, you’ll also get access to sample chapters from my books. Score!
...And there are also some fun bonuses, such as a Daily Word Count spreadsheet and a Book Review Prompts cheatsheet. More bonuses will be added in conjunction with future episodes!
StartBonus: Word count tracker (spreadsheet)
StartBonus: 20 book review prompts (cheatsheet)
StartBonus: Situationals writing prompts to get to know characters (worksheet)
StartBonus: 20 writing prompt ideas for NaNoWriMo (cheatsheet)
StartBonus: Real-life examples of restructuring awkward sentences (cheatsheet)
StartAbout the books
StartA Choice Between Two (Book 1 of Polyamorous Passions)
StartGaming the System (Book 2 of Polyamorous Passions)
StartMake Me Forget (Book 3 of Polyamorous Passions)
StartShe Wants More (Book 4 of Polyamorous Passions)
StartBeing Good (Book 5 of Polyamorous Passions)
StartOut of Control (Book 6 of Polyamorous Passions)
StartHer Bad Idea (Book 7 of Polyamorous Passions)
With a decade of experience as a freelance writer, editor, and social media manager (in both part-time and full-time capacities, working with small businesses, non-profits, corporate entities, and individuals), Sagan has provided supports and direction to dozens of students through one-on-one and group coaching. She is a published author of both fiction and non-fiction works.
Got questions about Sagan or about this program? Contact her at [email protected]!